What are the requirements for classes conducted as Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT)?
- Computer with video and audio
- Reliable internet connection
Who should attend?
- Collateral duty, part-time, or full-time safety people,
- Loss control, operations managers, and human resources managers
- Safety consultants or anyone whose job includes the responsibility for workplace safety
What classes should I take first?
- Participants should generally take the Certificates and classes in sequence because they build on each other.
Can I attend just some of the classes?
- Yes, some of the courses are available to be taken individually as open enrollment classes.
Do I have to take these courses all in one year?
- No, the time for completing the Safety Management Specialist Program is open ended so that participants can fit classes into their busy schedules.
Are the Safety Management Specialist courses available online?
- No, this program uses an interactive format that online programs cannot effectively duplicate. The VILT approach has an additional benefit in helping participants build a network within the safety community to assist them in achieving their personal and professional goals.
Can I receive Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for these courses?
- Yes. Upon completing each, participants receive a certificate with .5 CEUs. At the completion of the entire Safety Management Specialist Certificate, participants will have received 4.5 CEUs.